Monday, November 29, 2010

163/365 Life

"This weekend I kept thinking about how fragile life is," Zelda comments to me last night as she decorates her porch with garland and lights. I've just gotten home from the in-laws and our crazy wonderful terrifying relaxing anxious weekend (yes, all five of those adjectives apply at the same time). And I agree. I have to agree.

I watch as Daisy runs up and down the yards in the darkness and chill. She's fine. It's all so normal. It's easy to be lulled.

I have so much hope and anxiety and Zelda reminds me on my other blog that when it's out of my hands, it's in God's.

And frankly, it always is, isn't it?

Valerie comes over and we chat a minute. Then Fiona announces that Bree, Daisy, and she are going to eat dinner at Eliza's. But they have to bring their own. A picnic dinner in Eliza's kitchen. I sigh. Dinner? What's that? It's going to be a cold quick jump in the pool to get back into real life after the weekend. I go find lunch stuff and slap things on plates, walking Daisy's over with her. Nick is in the kitchen and the other girls are at the table. I want to talk to Gretchen but she doesn't appear. That's ok.

I'm getting used to waiting.

No comments: