Tuesday, November 9, 2010

143/365 Evenin'

I get home from the best school meeting I've attended (committee, I mean, I love conferences and open houses). I have potential good news about the future of the school and I share it with Jake, who's standing on the sidewalk in the dark watching Billy and a dozen other kids run up and down the street. Mason is standing there with him and they're chatting--they think that after Christmas they might start a regular gaming night. That would be good for both of them. I love how venn diagrams work on this block. How people fit into each other's lives in different ways.

I chat with Zelda about high schools and Bree and Fiona and concerns and stresses that go along with parenting oldest children. I know how I'd write the script, but I'm all for happy beginnings, middles, and endings.

Jake tells me it's 5:30--time to pick Fiona up at play practice. It's a quick run over and back, and when I return, he's begun to make a deer stew for dinner. I send him back out with the kids and finish it up, with bacon greens on the side.

Nick comes out and take up his role of "Mr Hooey", who runs around and pretends to scare kids. They love it, screaming in mock terror. I can hear them while I'm cooking.

I call in the family for dinner, and Eliza joins us. It's a good evening.

No comments: