Monday, November 15, 2010

149/365 Alles Gute Zum Trivia

Dan called. Wanted to nail me down on a date for the trivia night. Jen runs a not-for-profit animal rescue organization, and last year I ran the trivia night for her. This year, I look at my schedule and want to hide under a rock. I'm busy from here until Christmas, but then January is no picnic time-wise, and then it's St. Patrick's Season. I told Dan as much. I explained upcoming travel, and that I'd essentially have two or three weeks to get 100 trivia questions done, between Christmas and their first date. Their second date was the Saturday before St. Patrick's Day. Which reminded me of the Up and Over It Youtube video, "Alles Gute Zum St. Patrick's Tag", a bizarre Irish dance film that has a pretty clear theme: "the Irish Dance Machine chewed me up and spit me out and after I wasn't their robot anymore they put me in the dumpster. So I shot them."

Who hasn't felt that way, anyway? I don't feel this way about trivia, but about so many things I participate in. Dan listened patiently (I wonder if he was an RA in college) to my litany of obligations and then said, "I'll check back with the venue and see about April, how about?"

No comments: