Thursday, October 14, 2010

117/365 Crime

I got home yesterday to find Nick and Henry standing in the front yard of a new neighbor's house. Nick had his phone in his hand. They looked tense. It was about 10:30 in the morning and I'm asking them what happened before I even step a foot on the ground out of the car.

"Break in," Nick starts. And I see the house behind him with the door flung wide. There's a flat screen TV on the grass. And Nick explains what happened.

He looked out from his office at home and saw this guy knocking on the door of the house--Vince's house--and it didn't look good. So Nick got in his car and drove around to the alley behind Vince's, didn't see anything, and went back home. Looked back out and there was the car again. So Nick stepped outside and headed over. Out came the guys, one holding the TV, headed for the car.

"You know Vince?" Nick yelled at them. They freaked, but kept coming at him with the TV. "Put the fucking TV down!" and the guy does, getting past Nick and speeding away in the car.

Nick called the police at 10:24. Just before I got home.

The police didn't get there until 10:50. The captain showed up the same time as the uniformed officer. I hear through the grapevine that this was "handled" later. My question, was the captain "handled" for the things he said to us once he got there?

No comments: