Sunday, July 25, 2010

36/365 Spend the Night

The thunderstorm came up fast and drenched the yards. The sweetgum out front lost a branch. We were home from the movie, Daisy having a bedtime treat before heading in to the guest room for the night--Fiona was spending the night at Bree's house.

I thought about Fiona, about how she's a bit timid. She'd had a long day already with an Irish dance competition and the sheer heat of summer. So I called.

Zelda answered the phone. It was a girls' night with a friend from girl scouts as well--Travis and Noah were camping with some other neighbor guys. I asked her how it was going, if Fiona was ok.

"Oh! Sure, we're playing Uno and talking."

I got off the phone before my contact created trouble. Jealous of girls' night. But Jake was home after a full week of business travel and it was good to be home.

3 comments:

mh said...

I do love the names in this whole blog. Sometimes it's like a riddle for me. :)

Bridgett said...

Some are easier than others. Some have puns in them (the Paxton Family, for instance, based on a previous nickname "The Peace Corps")

Indigo Bunting said...

I know that feeling—jealous of this, but happy to be home...