Sunday, July 18, 2010

29/365 Garlic!


Mmm....garlic. Enough garlic to dehydrate and use all year and never buy garlic. Mmm. Enough that I gave some away and sauteed a bunch today just to spread on toast and eat with a bit of butter. More than enough.

It's wild in my yard. I don't tend it. I don't plant it. There is enough that I can't cut all the scapes (top flower thing) off before they go to seed and replant themselves. Enough that I can't find all those bulbs in late July and early August. Enough that I have a basket full but I could go out tomorrow and harvest another basket full. I won't, though, and I guess in that way I tend. I just leave some be for next year. Garlic forever. Osage heirloom and here to stay. Mmm.

1 comment:

Indigo Bunting said...

Whether I should or not, I love that you did that.