Friday, July 23, 2010

34/365 Here kitty kitty kitty


The stray we fed once, sometimes twice a day through the winter has disappeared. He's visited twice since the last frost. Last time he was here, he was beautiful. Sleek. He looked like someone had been grooming him. Which convinced me that he was not a domestic longhair after all, but had similar genetics to Bleys--Norwegian Forest Cat. Like a different cat each season.

The only way we knew for sure it was Wooly Bear, in fact, was the stumpy tail.

He hissed at us. I fed him, Blackjack went crazy inside trying to get at him. And then he went away.

His bowl is waiting.

1 comment:

mh said...

I was thinking I had seen him on one of my recent trips up there. But it was probably longer ago than I thought. Missing him? Sounds like Blackjack isn't. :)