Saturday, July 17, 2010

28/365 I built this

Before:
After:

We have this porch off our bedroom we never use. It is too close to the neighbor's kitchen window and the cats used to jump over there and sit (and refuse to come back). So I've been thinking about screening the place in for years now. Today Mike put up the center supports and I put up the screen. We worked on the finishing stuff together. It was hot but now it is done--well, almost done. I still have to put in the finishing strips on the sides, wash the place up, repaint the floor with a high quality boat deck paint, and put a nice cozy wicker chaise lounge out there. Then it can be the cat paradise this autumn. Can't wait.

3 comments:

Indigo Bunting said...

Nice!

Cedarwaxwing said...

Very cool! My first apartment had a "sleeping porch". It was great.

mh said...

Wonderful! Should be really great when the weather cools off!! (It will cool off some day, right?)