Saturday, August 21, 2010

63/365 Milk


I started the trend. I was in La Leche League and several members had their milk delivered. I wanted milk without hormones and the idea of milk delivery in this day and age caught my fancy. I signed up.

Travis didn't believe it the first time at 3 in the morning there was a milk truck idling on our street. Called the company to see if it was legit. I assured him it was. What do you mean you get your milk delivered?

The Paxtons and Stricklands were next. The McAllisters followed. The Wymans got it for a while but I don't know if they still do. At this point, I'm so spoiled by having milk delivered, it would be hard to go back. I know that in the heat of the summer or dead of winter, I have milk, and if I plan ahead a few hours, I can have eggs, butter, yogurt, cheese, and so forth. There's no last minute trip to the grocery store with a crying baby when it's 5 degrees outside. We have milk.

Plus the chocolate tastes like pudding. Or melted chocolate ice cream. Divine.

3 comments:

Indigo Bunting said...

Wow, this is wonderful. Didn't know anyone did this anymore.

Unknown said...

What is the name of your delivery company? I have been researching milk delivery services around the country for some time now. In June my wife and I started Doorstep Dairy in South Eastern Pennsylvania. www.doorstepdairy.com

Daryl -the milkman

Bridgett said...

We have Oberweis Dairy, have used them for 8 or 9 years at this point. They're out of central Illinois, delivering to Chicago, St. Louis, Milwaukee, most of IL, and for some reason, Virginia.