Wednesday, June 23, 2010

4/365 Summer Craft Ideas

"Mom, me and Iris want to do a craft," Fiona says to me while I sit at the computer ignoring the fact that I'm a mother, just for a moment while Billy sleeps.

"What kind of craft?" I sigh.

They look at each other. They shrug.

"A fabric craft?" I ask, getting it over with. All the girls want to do fabric crafts at my house. I have the fabric. And the tools to work with it--needles, thread, sewing machine, craft glue, sequins, lace, you name it.

"Sure!" they agree. So we go into the guest room/sewing room and I pull out the tub of leftover non-cotton fabric. I have enough fabric I have a tub just for that.

"Here, you can use anything in here." I open it and rummage through just to be sure that's true. They look through at the scraps of minky dot and lining fabric and wool scraps and an old cotton sweater and so forth.

"This is like swimming suit," Iris picks up a piece of royal blue.

"Yeah, I made a baby carrier for the pool out of that."

"We could make swimming suits for the barbie dolls," Fiona suggests.

"We could make our own swimming suits," Iris tops her.

I call Tara later: "Is it ok if Iris jumps in the pool with a homemade swimming suit on?" I say with a laugh. I explain the craft. She agrees to the plan.

In the pool, they swim and play around. And then, since of course they're matching, they produce a synchronized swimming routine. Of course.

1 comment:

mh said...

Of course. :)
By the way, I like the suits in the picture on scm.