Thursday, July 7, 2011

277. Pool




Bree is so happy with the new pool. Yes, Bree, the neighbor, not one of the kids in my house. Zelda told me that she came home after the first afternoon when she and Noah came to swim and was very happy.

Our old pool was a galvanized metal horse trough. It was reminiscent of my childhood but it was a tetanus shot waiting to happen. Each summer involved more and more fiberglass patching and painting. I was done. We rolled it into the alley last fall for bulk pick up and bought this one in the springtime. Total cost was astonishingly low, especially considering that there's a freaking filter built in. The water is clean and I don't have to constantly change it out. It's smarter. Maybe not nostalgic, but smarter.

In my experience, that's not always true about new things, but this time it is.